If your CRM isn't your best friend, it's time for a CRM switch. Let's dive into what it entails and how it works.
HubSpot & Whatsapp integration – latest news🌟
HubSpot announced its native integration with the world’s most popular messaging platform WhatsApp. Learn about it more!
HubSpot launched Whatsapp integration. Here is everything you need to know.
HubSpot announced its native integration with the world’s most popular messaging platform WhatsApp. This step moves HubSpot CRM forward and shows that HubSpot understands today's business needs. The integration enables teams to communicate with prospects and customers while leveraging powerful data within HubSpot’s CRM. Want to know more? Then let's dive into all the details!
HubSpot announced the news we all have been waiting for – the native integration with WhatsApp. WhatsApp has more than two billion monthly active users and has become the world’s most popular messaging platform. The popularity of WhatsApp is undeniable and the integration enables HubSpot CRM users to use yet another powerful tool for scaling their businesses.
“Digital marketing is changing. To reach your customers, you must connect in new ways, especially with customers outside the U.S.,” said Steph Cuthbertson, Chief Product Officer at HubSpot.
“That’s why we’re excited to integrate WhatsApp and launch a richly integrated feature set, including all the unified inbox, automation, and personalization our customers love with our Marketing and Service products. With HubSpot’s deeply connected platform, all your connections are automatically measurable, so you can track effectiveness and easily tune to maximize your ROI. We’re thrilled to give this to our global customers everywhere today.”
3 benefits of HubSpot and WhatsApp integration
To introduce this integration to you properly, we want to break down three main benefits that it brings.
- Improvement of customer experience
Customers want to communicate with businesses in the easiest and fastest way possible and your customers will definitely appreciate it if they can contact and communicate with your business through an app they already have on their phones and are familiar with.
The integration creates a more connected and seamless customer experience, which is something that business should look for in order to stay relevant. Even Kyle Jenke, Director of Partnerships at Meta adds to this topic that: “Messaging is how people and businesses want to communicate and get business done. Businesses of all sizes are embracing this shift and finding new opportunities to better engage with customers, offer support, and drive sales.”
- Effective, unified, and faster communication
The integration enables you to connect the app to HubSpot, so you can communicate with your customers via WhatsApp using text, images, or videos, all from within HubSpot.
You can already connect your team email, chat, forms, and Facebook Messenger with your HubSpot CRM. Having another channel – WhatsApp, in your CRM makes your communication even more effective. Because tracking customer conversations across channels can be difficult, time-consuming, and lead to poor customer experiences. Having everything in one place guarantees that your marketing and service teams never miss an incoming message.
- Automated and personalized messages
Personalization is a trend that is going to be even more important in the upcoming years.
Customers expect personalized messages, which is exactly what this integration brings.
You can send welcome messages, automate abandoned cart texts, and even send messages based on purchases.
Setting up the WhatsApp integration
In the following paragraphs, we will explain all the technical things. But before starting anything, make sure you have a Professional or Enterprise edition of Marketing Hub or Service Hub.
💡You cannot connect a personal WhatsApp account to HubSpot and must connect a Business account instead. Learn how to convert a personal account to a WhatsApp Business account in WhatsApp's documentation.
Limitations of the integration
- Each WhatsApp for Business Account can have up to 25 phone numbers associated with it.
- Only new messages after you connect your WhatsApp Business Account will sync to HubSpot. Historical conversations will not be synced.
- Once connected to HubSpot, messages will no longer appear in the WhatsApp mobile app or web app, and will only appear in the conversations inbox in your HubSpot account.
Step by step: how to connect a WhatsApp Business Account to your HubSpot CRM
You can connect an existing WhatsApp Business account as a channel in HubSpot, or you can create a new WhatsApp Business account during the connection process.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Inbox > Inboxes.
- Click Connect a channel.
- Select WhatsApp.
- Click Continue with WhatsApp.
- In the pop-up window, log in to your Facebook account, then click Continue as [name].
- Click Get started.
- Review the permissions HubSpot will need to access in order to connect, then click Continue.
- Select an existing Meta Business Account that will be connected to your WhatsApp Business Account or create a new Meta Business account. If you're creating a new Meta Business Account:
- Enter the legal name, phone number, website, and email address for your business, then click Continue.
- Use the Country and Timezone dropdown menu to select the country and timezone your business is located in.
- Click Continue.
- Select the WhatsApp Business Account that will be associated with your Meta Business Account, or create a new WhatsApp Business Account. If you're creating a new WhatsApp Business Account, enter a name for the account and select a timezone from the dropdown menu.
- Click Continue.
- A confirmation message will appear. Click Continue to Step 2.
- Select an existing WhatsApp Business account. If you don't have an account, you can create a new one by configuring your business profile:
- In the text field, enter your business display name. If your WhatsApp Business Profile does not match your business's legal name, select My display name is different from my legal business name checkbox.
- Click Continue.
- Click the Category dropdown menu and select a category that best describes your business. You can also enter a description of your business in the text box.
- Click Continue to Step 3.
- If you've already verified a phone number with WhatsApp, select a verified number. If you haven't verified a phone number, you can register a new number:
- In the text field, enter a phone number to register with WhatsApp.
- Select Text Message or Voice Call as a verification method, then click Send Code.
- After successfully verifying the phone number, click Ok to close the setup window and return to HubSpot.
- You'll return to the conversations inbox, where you can finish setting up the WhatsApp channel. Next to the WhatsApp account name, click Connect.
- The connected WhatsApp account will now appear in your list of connected channels.
In a nutshell
HubSpot and WhatsApp integration is another feature that moves HubSpot CRM forward. It brings several benefits, but overall, it mainly makes communication with customers more effective, unified, and faster.
In addition, it is another channel you can connect to HubSpot, besides team email, chat, forms, and Facebook Messenger. This means you can track customer conversations across all the channels mentioned above from one place – HubSpot CRM. The integration also brings personalization into the game and lets you send welcome messages, automate abandoned cart texts, and even send messages based on purchases.
Let us know what your feelings are about the new HubSpot and WhatsApp integration on our social media!
Are you considering CRM migration, or are you new to the CRM game? Don’t hesitate to consult us on your case. It takes little time, costs no money, and your findings might be the real game changers!